Feeling overwhelmed looking for a good way to get a quality cardio workout at home? A good home treadmill can change that, and we know just the brand. NordicTrack is one of the most well-known names in fitness. In this piece, we’ll take you through some of the best NordicTrack treadmill reviews and the key things you need to know.
NordicTrack T 9.5 S
NordicTrack C 990
NordicTrack C 590
NordicTrack C 700
NordicTrack Desk Treadmill
NordicTrack T 9.5 S
NordicTrack C 990
NordicTrack C 590
NordicTrack C 700
NordicTrack Desk Treadmill
Why Buy a NordicTrack Treadmill?
- Serious calorie burn. This isn’t really news, but running is one of the most efficient calorie burners you can do. At 8 MPH for just 20 minutes, you can shed north of 300 calories. Owning a NordicTrack can help you integrate running into your daily routine.
- A controllable run. NordicTrack treadmills offer customization for your workouts. Most let you control the speed and incline, letting you go at your own pace to keep yourself working hard.
- Year-round exercise. Even if you love running outdoors, NordicTracks can help you fill in the gaps. When the weather doesn’t cooperate or you don’t want to leave the home, a NordicTrack home treadmill keeps you from missing out on your workout.
- Improved form and efficiency. Regular running on a treadmill can enhance your form, making your movements more efficient to maximize the impact of every step. This helps build stamina to tackle longer runs and races with power and precision.
Types of NordicTrack Treadmills
If you’re looking to push your performance, these will do the trick. These treadmills specialize in high-performance workouts with greater top speeds and a large incline range between -6% and 40%. Along with the performance, these machines come loaded with high-end features like large screens, video-guided workouts, and advanced stats tracking. They can provide an intuitive workout to professional and everyday users.
These treadmills are NordicTrack’s workhorses, perfect for commercial and home use. Durable and suitable for users of all types, they stand up to a lot of daily abuse. You’ll get more comfort and performance with a typical 4.25 continuous horsepower motor and a cushioned tread deck. Tough enough to last from when the gym opens to when it closes, these are unbeatable running machines.
The C-Series NordicTracks are a little more relaxed in terms of design and price. Among the most affordable treadmills in the collection, these machines are good for normal home use. They may lack some high-end features, but they do include some unique options for casual users. Transport and storage are easy with smaller frames that hide other useful things like built-in speakers and cooling fans.
These unique machines enhance everyday productivity by offering an oversized, built-in desk. Coming with practical features like built-in charging ports and height control, these could be a fantastic choice to maximize your efficiency throughout the day.
NordicTrack Treadmill Prices
- $500-$1500: The basic range for home treadmills, including most of the C-series NordicTrack models. These treadmills still come with tons of useful features. Expect to find things like automatic fitness tracking, adjustable tread firmness, music ports, and other amenities for a smarter workout.
- $1500-$2500: Models in this range come with some additional features for more comfort and usability. Simple, full-color displays, along with high-end additions like built-in heart rate monitors, make the treadmills ideal for better fitness workouts.
- $2500+: The range with treadmills geared for professional use and hardcore cardio enthusiasts. This is where NordicTrack’s advanced technology shines. Featuring high-end incline trainers, expect to find fitness apps, subscriptions to on-demand workout programs, larger touch displays, and extended warranties.
The power of the drive motor will determine how fast and far your treadmill will take you, so pay attention to the listed horsepower. For basic reference, commercial and higher-end treadmills hover around the 2.75 HP mark or above.
The way your treadmill feels, moves, and responds to your strides comes down to your treadbelt. The belt’s material and thickness will affect the feel and long-term durability of your machine. Most treadmills will offer cushioned treadbelts for added comfort. Higher-end or commercial treadmills will have two-or-four-ply belts for maximum durability.
The ability to adjust your NordicTrack will let you personalize your workouts, so look for a wide range of adjustable options to suit your workout style. Powered treadmills can change speed and incline levels on the fly. Higher-end treadmills will usually come with a wider range of options, such as more incline ranges.
Want to change the difficulty of the workout on the fly? Built-in workout presets make it easy to vary settings as you go. Higher-end models will usually step up this feature with higher speed and incline levels and downloadable presets over WiFi.
Control Panels and Displays
The nerve center of any good treadmill. The size and capabilities of the panel vary between models, with some screens going up to 22 inches. If you’re going to be using your machine for more than the occasional stroll, it’s important that your device’s controls are accessible during high-intensity workouts. There’s nothing worse than getting caught in a full sprint if you don’t know how to bring the speed back down!
A connected treadmill makes it easy to sync workout data and settings. WiFi connectivity allows you to download the latest routines straight from NordicTrack’s LiveCast workouts or use sites like iFit.
- Your exercise environment: Good spacing between the machine and its surroundings is crucial for using a treadmill safely. On top of the footprint of the machine itself, most manufacturers suggest a three-foot “buffer zone” of open space around the sides and rear. Some models offer a space-saving design with a smaller footprint to squeeze the machine into tighter spaces.
- Your size: All treadmills have certain physical limits that may keep a model from fitting your size. Check to make sure you’re within the maximum weight limit, usually between 250 and 400 pounds. The length of the tread deck should also fit your height and stride length.
- Maintenance requirements: Like any machine, treadmills require some period upkeep. This will vary by model since higher-end models have better parts and construction. On all treadmills, however, the belt will need replacing due to the usual wear-and-tear after 150,000 miles or so.
Best NordicTrack Treadmills 2018 Product Reviews
Best Overall: NordicTrack T 9.5 S
- 14 inch full color capacitive touch display (pivoting),...
- 3.6 chip drive System, walking belt 20 x 60, space...
- Digital quick speed control 0-12 MPH, digital quick...
- 50 preset workout Apps, auto breeze workout fan, EKG...
- Lifetime frame & motor Warranty 5 year parts & 2 year...
If you’re looking for the best out-of-the-box experience NordicTrack offers, this is it. The treadmill comes with a feature set that’s hard to top and easy to use to get the best workout experience.
Along with a 14-inch full-color display, the frame packs a built-in heart rate monitor, incline control, and a sleek, space-saving design. You’ll also receive a full year’s subscription to iFit’s online exercise programs so you can follow along to different workouts just like in the gym.
The main trade-off is the price, which pushes the limit for an affordable home treadmill. You definitely get what you pay for with this one, but be prepared for the wallet hit. If you’re looking for the top performer, this is the best NordicTrack treadmill for running.
Best Value: NordicTrack C 590
- Choose Your Comfort: Switch between a deck suspension...
- Automatically Track Your Stats: Watch your workout...
- Elevate Your Workout: Take your workout up to 10%...
- Auxiliary music port, 2.6 chp drive System, 20 on-board...
- The C 590 Pro Comes with a Lifetime frame Warranty, a...
While not quite as connected or smart as the T 9.5 S, this machine packs plenty of features for its price point.
The adjustable belt cushioning – from a road simulator to a low-impact mode – is a standout feature for the class that allows you to set the feel of the treadbelt. A built-in music port, heart rate monitor, and in-depth fitness tracker also increase the budget-friendly value.
Drawbacks include a lack of Bluetooth connectivity, leaving you unable to sync workouts from the internet. The non-touch display is less user-friendly since you may have to push more buttons for quick setting changes.
Best Residential Treadmill: NordicTrack C 700
- Go to ifit.com/activate to redeem your one month iFit...
- Multi-window LED display, iFit coach ready, integrated...
- Flex Select cushioning, space saver design with easy...
- 2.75 chip motor, 22" x 55 " tread belt, 1.9" roller,...
- 0-10% incline, 0-10 MPH speed, user weight capacity...
A very solid middle-of-the-road pick with a price that’s well below average. This one is a great option to be more active throughout the day.
A built-in tablet holder gives you the convenience to use a smart device for fitness videos, workout notes, reading materials, and more. The top speed of 10 MPH is plenty for casual use while the top incline of 10% offers ample resistance.
A negative of this model is the crowded LED display, which may be confusing when searching for certain controls mid-workout. The display also suffers from a small layout with text that may require you to squint as you run.
Best Incline Treadmill: NordicTrack C 990
- Stay in Control of your workout with a 7-Inch...
- 3.0 chp drive System. Train safer, longer and quieter....
- 0 - 12% incline with the touch of a button, you can...
- Get professional training with 32 preloaded workouts...
- 20 x 60 inch tread belt. This tread belt is...
Another solid mid-tier pick with a few more bells and whistles than base options that make this our best incline trainer.
A 7” touchscreen gets you connected to services like iFit and bumps up the top speed and incline to 12 MPH and 12%. It also comes with 32 preloaded workouts out of the box, giving you the benefit of a comprehensive set of workouts from the start.
The touchscreen is slow to respond when trying to change the workout on the fly. The price point also lacks top-of-the-line features like an adjustable tread.
Honorable Mention: NordicTrack Desk Treadmill
- 18" x 40" work surface, LCD window and controls, iFit...
- USB charging station, heart rate monitor, 2.6 chp drive...
- Spacesaver design, cushioned deck. 0 - 6 MPH Speed....
- This machine comes guaranteed with a Lifetime frame and...
- 300 lb. User weight capacity
Unleash your maximum productivity with this treadmill that slaps a large 18×40” desk onto the console. Large enough for a computer and other office items, the surface gives you ample work space.
The adjustable speed goes up to 6 MPH to keep your exercise under control. Handy features include a heart rate monitor and an onboard USB station for keeping laptops and other devices charged through the day.
This treadmill isn’t meant for sprints or jogs. The top speed may fail to give you an intense or HIIT workout, but it’ll keep you safe while working.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your NordicTrack Treadmill
Here are a few handy tips to maximize your workout:
- To simulate outdoor terrain, set your treadmill to a slight incline around 2%.
- If keeping your floors pristine is important, a treadmill mat is a good pick to prevent damage.
- Set goals for yourself in your workday workouts. Use the machine’s monitor or a timer to keep track of progress.
NordicTrack Treadmill FAQs
Q: How much incline should I use?
A: The answer depends on your level of experience and your goals. Generally, the lower the incline, the more cardio-focused your workout will be. Higher incline levels will work the legs and core muscles more. Experiment with different levels to see what feels challenging or too comfortable.
Q: Do I really need an iFit membership?
A: To use a treadmill, no. The membership may give you access to more advanced features, especially if the machine offers guided, interactive workouts.
Q: I have neighbors and would like to keep the noise to a minimum. What can I do?
A: One way to keep the noise down is with a treadmill mat underneath your machine. This will soften the impact of your strides. Some treadmill motors can also run whisper-quiet even near top speeds.
Front to back, NordicTrack offers a solid line of treadmills that has earned the company’s reputation. The T 9.5 S gives you the best out-of-box experience available with a feature set that simply can’t be compared. To save money, the C 590 is the best value pick for more features than usual.
Share your experience with us. Have you used a NordicTrack? Agree with our picks? Let us know in the comments below!