Last updated: June 2018
The mission of Fitness Goat is simple:
WE WANT TO HELP 10,000 PEOPLE LIVE BETTER DAYS ON A CONSISTENT BASIS.
Fitness Goat is for you if you want to:
- Sleep better
- Be more productive
- Better manage your anxiety
- Kick your coffee dependency
- Learn about new diets, workouts, and wellness routines
Why is it called Fitness Goat?
GOAT stands for Greatest Of All Time. We believe fitness is the foundation for accomplishing great things. Whatever that means to you. How do you get anything done when you have no energy, feel like crap, and your head is in a fog?
To do something great, something meaningful, you have to take care of yourself first.
How is Fitness Goat different?
We’re more about self-care, feeling good, and seizing the day. We don’t talk much about six packs and/or prepping for beach season. Think more wellbeing. Less mirror selfies.
Who’s behind Fitness Goat?
Hey, I’m Jamal. Exercise has always been a big part of my life. I’ve always played basketball but when I quit my college team in 2007, I lost the incentive and accountability to stay healthy.
This is what led me to actually start taking care of myself.
Over the past decade, through loads of necessary trial and error, I’ve learned about self-care and its importance on my day-to-day life.
I’ve discovered the value of simple routines like:
- A sleeping plan
- Foam rolling before bed
- Having some form of therapy
- Stretching throughout the day
- Drinking water (especially in the morning)
I started this website so I could learn out loud and share with anyone who can relate to feeling stuck and uninspired at work, who needs caffeine to function, and who is tired but can’t sleep.
I’m no “guru” by any means, just someone who hates wasting time feeling crappy.
To learn more about my story, you can find me at jamalbara.com.
How to Best Use Fitness Goat:
- Diet — Go here to learn about food/nutrition (e.g. what is caffeine)
- Training — Go here for training inspiration (e.g. hiit training)
- Wellness — Go here for wellness inspiration (e.g. meditation 101)
- Workouts — Go here for workout inspiration (e.g. 27 kettlebell exercises)
- Reviews — Go here for fitness product reviews (e.g. best stopwatches)